Our Code of Ethics
Statement of Code of Ethics for The University Speaking Center at UNCG
- We strive not to judge one another, but instead to practice openness toward each other and the speakers we work with through acceptance and respect for diversity.
- We cultivate an environment of fairness and justice centered around personal and academic integrity.
- We will work as an inclusive and cohesive unit in order to assist speakers in improving and broadening their communication skills.
- We will attempt to gain and shape knowledge on a variety of topics to create a competent, comfortable, considerate, collaborative speaking center community.
- We will create an atmosphere of sensitivity by demonstrating an awareness of all areas of diversity and to be accountable for our actions.