Communicating remotely to meet the speech making needs of UNCG students, faculty, & staff.
Online, we provide a safe environment where speakers can get feedback, ask questions, and have conversations about their own public, interpersonal, and group communication. Our center is a judgment-free space in which our primary goal is to meet speakers where they are in their speaking process. Some speakers make appointments for help with the organization stage in the process of creating a speech while others want us to review a recording of their last presentation in order to help them set personal goals for their next speech.
Two day policy - Those seeking to utilize our consultation services need to arrange for their appointment to take place not closer than two days before their final presentation.
Communication Center Directors attending the 12th Annual Excellence at the Center Conference agreed that our 2-day policy is a best practice for supporting speakers as they make their way through the speech making process. This policy better ensures that speakers visit us during the process of speech discovery and organization.
The Online Speaking Center offers support both for the organization stage in the process of creating your presentation, and we can review videos of your presentation in order to help you to set goals for your next speech. You can meet for 30 minutes with a consultant to discuss the best ways to get your thoughts into a well-organized speech or prepare for your next presentation.
You'll first need to set up an appointment with us:
- To do this you can either call (336) 256-1346 or come by MHRA 3211.
- You will need to tell the person taking your appointment that you are calling to make an Online Speaking Center session. They will ask you for such information as: your name, professor, course number, phone number (domestic), email address, how long your speech is supposed to be, and when your presentation is due.
- Once you have secured an appointment you'll need to get a few things together so that you are ready for your session. You'll need an electronic copy of your speech document handy or the video of your presentation in a format which we can view*, your phone nearby, your professor's e-mail address, and access to the Internet.
Our two-day policy applies to organization appointments at the Online Speaking Center, so you'll need to schedule your appointment to take place two days (or more) before your presentation is due.
On the day of your consultation:
- Log into your iSpartan account just a few minutes before the scheduled time for your consultation.
- Watch for an invitation to chat from the Speaking Center (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Accept the invitation, and you'll start to communicate with a consultant through the chat box (they'll walk you through the rest of the set up steps via the chat box).
- Your consultant will call your phone** once they have arranged for the two of you to view and edit your speech document.
- You'll need to answer the phone in order for us to proceed.
- At this point you'll start working with your consultant on the organization of your speech or you will view your video together. Your consultant will ask you to identify what it is you want to focus on and then they will support you with instruction, helpful links, and feedback.
The set up steps will take around 5 minutes (if there are no technology problems).
Once the session is over:
- Complete our online survey. It is important that you remember to put your professor's email address into the survey where it prompts you to.
- Let your consultant know if you want us to email your professor informing them of your having attended an Online Speaking Center session.
- Tell your consultant if you want them to help you to set up a follow up appointment.
Thank you for your interest in using the UNCG Online Speaking Center. Good luck on all of your presentations!
*Currently, we are able to view CST 105 speeches in Acclaim, public links from YouTube, and select classes' Blackboards (your professor will know if we have access to yours).
**If you do not have a domestic phone number (USA), or are a member of UNCG's Deaf Community, contact email@example.com for further information.